Wednesday, March 11, 2009

An Adopted Child's Voice

An Adopted Child's Story 2

I remember being so scared when I met my new "Forever Family." They had a smile on their face when they told me Hello. They seemed very nice. I had a fun time with them the very first day I met them.
Then.... it was move in day! My caseworker drove me clear to the other side of the state. I was eight years old, so I didn't understand the meaning of miles. I just know it took a very long time. My stomach hurt the whole way there. I felt sick.
When we finally got there, I saw my new "Forever Family" that I had met so many times before. They met us at the door. I loved the house. I loved my bedroom. I loved the swimming pool I saw in the back yard. I couldn't wait to get in and go for a swim! I loved the playground I saw in the yard too!
It was late in the day. They had made supper. Supper? I usually didn't get supper everyday. It was hard to eat when there were so many exciting things going on inside my head.
It was then time for bed. I loved my soft comfortable bed that was there just for me, but it was so hard to sleep. I laid there in the dark thinking about the playground, pool, and the sandbox!

Morning came and I heard a noise. I knew my new mom and dad were up. I sprang out of bed and in the blink of an eye I threw on my swimming trunks a goggles that my new mom and dad had got me. I ran to the kitchen.
They heard me and turned around. When they saw me all dressed up in my swimming gear, they laughed.

Breakfast? They had made breakfast! I could hardly eat! I wanted outside so bad!
After I ate, I ran wildly from the pool to the playground, and found a little fishing pond in the side yard! I couldn't make up my mind what I wanted to do.....
The next few days were so fun with all this new stuff to do!
Once in a while I thought of my old mom. I knew if she saw me having this much fun here she would make me feel guilty! She haunted me at night when I tried to sleep. I could hear her in my thoughts telling me to feel sorry for her.

then... one day I sat on the back porch, and I heard a voice calling me from down by the pond. I turned and looked and there sat my grandma who had passed away some years ago.....
She smiled at me and told me she was so happy I was in a good home. My grandma wanted to get me away from my mother. She wanted me to live with her, but then she died.
I saw my Grandma in my dreams every night then. She was my guardian angel!
This was a great comfort to me! She talked to me in my dreams. She kept me safe. The better I got to know my new mom and dad the less she appeared in my dreams. I hardly see her at all now.

No comments:

Post a Comment