Wednesday, March 11, 2009

An Adopted Child's Voice

An Adopted Child's Voice.....

I was adopted when I was seven years old. I remember very little about my real mom and dad......

I love my new mom and dad very much. They have always been good to me. I remember things in my old home being very bad. I didn't realize it then but I do now. I am happy and I feel lucky that I was chosen to be adopted by a good family. I am glad that I got a better chance at life now. If I had stayed with my old family, who knows where I would be now or what I'd be doing......
But.... there is a part in me that aches very badly. I can remember just bits and pieces of my old life. I can remember an old spider man game I once had. I can remember an old red bike I loved so much. I can remember a few aunts and uncles that were nice to me, but I can't remember their names.
I keep these feeling to myself. Sometimes I have really bad days. I just want to explode!
i remember going to different foster cares. I got to take my things with me, but I remember people throwing them away because they said it was junk or broken.
I love to look at the picture album that my new family made for me, but there are no baby pictures there. Those memories are fading away and it scares me. I know who I am now, but I know nothing of who I used to be. I remember someone from the past doing bad things to me. I remember them touching me in private places, but I can't remember who it was. I can only see small flashes. I have these huge chunks of my life that are just gone!
Everyone expects me to be happy and just move on. Everyone wants me to be a good person. I don't know who that person really is.

Does my old family ever think of me? Where are they?

Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments:

Post a Comment