Wednesday, March 11, 2009

An Adopted Child's Voice

Adopted Child Poetry

My home my life torn apart....
Like daggers piercing in my heart....
A new beginning in strange places....
With so many unfamiliar faces.....

Old memories keep fading away....
Like pictures from the past....
I'm supposed to be happy where I am....
But I don't know how long it will last.....

My forever family was promised to me....
A very long time ago....
But all I ever seem to do....
Is drift from home to home......

Is there such a thing in life.....
As a happily ever after.....
These fairy tales don't seem so real....
Inside I feel no laughter.....

As time goes by I feel myself.....
As numb as numb can be.....
I face the fact that for my life.....
I am my one and only family.....

@michelleb@

No comments:

Post a Comment